CBD continues to grow in popularity, thanks to its potential benefits for the human mind and body, but did you know that CBD is good for dogs, too? While there are dozens of CBD oils for dogs available to purchase, one of the best ways to help your pet thrive could be with CBD dog treats.
These safe, delicious snacks may help relieve pain, reduce anxiety, and promote longevity. Plus, they are a fun way of rewarding your canine companion with something extra-special.
In this post, we review the best CBD dog treats available in the U.S. right now. All of these products come from trusted, heavily researched brands so that you can feel confident in your purchase. Of course, before giving CBD products to your pup, you should consult your veterinarian to make sure CBD is the right option. If you’re ready to have a look at the top CBD pet treats on the market, read on.
Use These Page Jumps To Find Your Dog’s New Favorite CBD Treat!
- cbdMD Pet CBD Soft Chews For Dogs
- FAB CBD Dog Treats
- Joy Organics CBD Dog Treats
- Charlotte’s Web Chews for Senior Dogs
- 5. CBDfx CBD Pet Treats for Stress & Anxiety
- 6. Green Gorilla Freeze-Dried CBD Dog Nibs
- 7. American Shaman CBD Dog Treats
- 8. Medterra Joint Support CBD Chews
- 9. Lazarus Naturals Salmon Mobility CBD Dog Treats
- 10. PureKana Hemp Dog Treats – Blueberry & Chicken
- What Is CBD Anyway?
- What’s the Difference Between Marijuana and Hemp?
- How Do CBD Products Work?
- How Can CBD Help My Dog?
- How We Find the Best CBD Dog Treats
At a Glance: Our Top Four CBD Dog Treats
- Best Overall: cbdMD Pet CBD Soft Chews For Dogs
This brand has been around since 2015, and they are one of the top CBD brands in the world. They offer a full range of CBD pet products, including tinctures, treats, chews, peanut butter, and even a topical balm.
- Best Value: FAB CBD Dog Treats
At just 6 cents per milligram, FAB’s CBD Dog treats are among the best values in the industry. If you’re looking for a targeted formulation with the finest high-quality ingredients, look no further than this popular brand.
- Best THC-Free: Joy Organics CBD Dog Treats
Made with broad-spectrum CBD, Joy Organics CBD Dog Treats contain no THC. They are chewy and have a beef flavor that dogs adore. Plus, they are made with ingredients like sweet potato, brewer’s yeast, and flaxseed for a healthy pup.
- Best Luxury Brand: Charlotte’s Web Chews for Senior Dogs
Industry leader Charlotte’s Web has formulated these chews especially for the needs of older dogs. They contain ingredients like DHA, EPA, and vitamin E to keep your senior dog’s brain in tip-top shape.
cbdMD Pet CBD Soft Chews For Dogs
- Made with domestic hemp
- Excellent prices
- Three potencies available
- Ingredients: Cannabidiol (CBD), coconut glycerin, flaxseed, MCT oil, mixed tocopherols, bacon flavor, chicken flavor, oat flour, palm fruit oil, powdered cellulose (coating only), rice bran, rice flour, rosemary extract, sorbic acid (as preservative), and sunflower lecithin
- Pricing: $0.11 to $0.17 per milligram
Company: cbdMD is a trusted brand with a reputation for high-quality hemp-based products. With a strong focus on excellent ingredients and third-party lab testing, the company makes sure you know that anything you purchase from it is top of the line.
The Pet CBD Soft Chews For Dogs are available in three potencies that contain 5, 10, or 20 milligrams of CBD per chew. You’ll get 30 chews per container in a delicious chicken and bacon flavor that your dog will go wild over. These treats are designed to support everyday health and wellness for your pooch, but the brand has other options as well. You can also purchase Calming Chews or Hip and Joint Chews, and they even offer chews for cats.
Shipping: All orders over $79.95 ship free
Returns: 60-day money-back guarantee. Contact support to initiate a return.
FAB CBD Dog Treats
- Crunchy and delicious
- Three flavors to choose from
- Third-party lab tested
- Ingredients: Active Immune: Oats, chicken, flaxseed, tapioca syrup, bone broth, coconut oil, turmeric, milk thistle extract, organically grown hemp extract oil (made without corn, wheat or soy). Skin & Coat: Oats, salmon, flaxseed, tapioca syrup, coconut oil, salmon oil, organically grown hemp extract oil (made without corn, wheat or soy). Calm & Cool: Oats, peanut butter, apples, tapioca syrup, coconut oil, passionflower, chamomile, organically grown hemp extract oil (made without corn, wheat, or soy)
- Pricing: $0.06 per milligram
Company: FAB CBD has developed a true fan following thanks to their high-quality ingredients and careful processes. This brand entered the scene in 2017 and has been going strong ever since, with products ranging from flavored CBD oil drops to greens and superfoods.
FAB’s CBD Dog Treats come in your choice of three formulations: Active Immune (chicken flavor), Skin & Coat (salmon flavor), and Calm & Cool (peanut-butter apple flavor). There are approximately 175 treats per package and each contains 3 milligrams of CBD. The brand has a chart that tells you how many treats to feed your dog per day based on weight. For those who have dogs with allergy issues, these treats are a great choice. They contain no corn, wheat, soy, or dairy.
Shipping: Free shipping on orders over $89
Returns: Return new, unused, and unopened products within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, minus shipping cost
Joy Organics CBD Dog Treats
- Organically cultivated in the U.S.
- No THC
- Great beef flavor
- Ingredients: Water-soluble phytocannabinoid-rich hemp extract powder, water, dried brewer’s yeast, glycerin, gum arabic, sodium alginate, beef liver powder, natural bacon flavor, flaxseed oil, microcrystalline cellulose, organic sweet potato powder, sunflower lecithin (non-GMO), citrus pectin, vitamin E, sodium propionate, calcium sulfate dehydrate, natural mixed tocopherols (natural preservative), dextrin (corn-derived)
- Pricing: $0.29 per milligram
Company: Family-owned and operated, Joy Organics has established a solid reputation in the CBD industry for having some terrific products. The brand is values-driven, putting excellence, compassion, and integrity at the forefront of its operations. They even donate a portion of their proceeds to local and global non-profits.
Joy Organics’ CBD Dog Chews are made with water-soluble CBD powder for effective absorption. Chewy and beef-flavored, they’re a big hit with dogs. Plus, they are made with broad-spectrum CBD, so there are never any trace amounts of THC. Each jar contains 30 two-milligram chews.
Shipping: Orders over $99 qualify for free shipping
Returns: 100% satisfaction guarantee. Contact support to initiate the process.
Charlotte’s Web Chews for Senior Dogs
- Domestically grown hemp
- Trusted and reliable brand
- Designed for older dogs
- Ingredients: DHA, EPA, vitamin E, elderberry powder, and Charlotte’s Web™ Hemp Extract
- Pricing: $0.23 to $0.27 per milligram
Company: Charlotte’s Web is one of the most recognized CBD companies in the world, and consumers have come to trust their line of products over the years. They offer everything from full-spectrum CBD oils to topical products and gummies, all backed by the U.S. Hemp Authority.
These Chews for Senior Dogs were designed explicitly for older canines and include ingredients like DHA, EPA, and more to help with cognitive function and brain health. They are available in a package of 30 or 60 chews and have a tasty chicken flavor that your dog will enjoy. Each chew contains 2.5 mg of CBD and many customers state these treats also help their pets stay calm and relaxed.
Shipping: Free shipping on all U.S. orders over $74
Returns: Refund of the full purchase price within 30 days of the purchase date. Contact support to initiate the process
5. CBDfx CBD Pet Treats for Stress & Anxiety
- Organically grown hemp
- Single-pass CO2 extraction
- Ingredients: Active ingredients: Reishi mushroom powder, shitake mushroom powder, maitake mushroom powder, lion’s mane mushroom powder chamomile extract, CBD (cannabidiol), passion flower extract, L-tryptophan, L-theanine, ginger root extract, valerian root, GABA. Other ingredients: Potatoes, brown rice flour, coconut oil, oats, sweet potatoes, blueberries, parsley, spinach, flax seeds, molasses, cinnamon
- Pricing: $0.07 per milligram
Company: CBDfx has been in operation since 2014, running a true seed-to-sale operation. With a huge product selection in the database, customers can find any hemp-based product they need here, from CBD oil to topicals and beyond. The brand has CBD oil for pets, dog treats for joints and mobility, and a treat formulation designed to help pets deal with anxiety.
CBDfx Pet Treats for Stress and Anxiety are made with a slew of botanicals and healthy ingredients including flax seeds, valerian, chamomile, mushroom powder, sweet potatoes, blueberry, and more. Each treat contains 15 mg of broad-spectrum CBD and there are 30 treats per package. They are vegan, soy-free, and made in the USA.
Shipping: Free shipping on orders over $35
Returns: Return new, unused, and unopened products within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, minus shipping
6. Green Gorilla Freeze-Dried CBD Dog Nibs
- Lab-test results available on site
- USDA-certified organic
- Ingredients: Lamb, lamb liver, certified organic extra virgin olive oil, phytocannabinoid hemp extract, GG bio-enhanced complex™ (organic turmeric root extract, organic rosemary leaf extract, organic soy lecithin), mixed tocopherols
- Pricing: $0.18 per milligram
Company: Green Gorilla uses only USDA-certified ingredients in their hemp-based products, and they’ve developed a loyal customer base all over the world, with offices in Oslo, London, Stockholm, and Amsterdam in addition to the U.S. Although they are more expensive than some other companies, they are a go-to for many who are fastidious about their natural products due to the brand’s exacting standards when it comes to ingredients.
The brand’s Freeze-Dried CBD Dog Nibs are made with lamb, CBD oil, and the cleanest organic ingredients available. They are designed to help with maintaining hip and joint health as well as aiding in relaxation. Each contains 3 mg of CBD and there are about 60 nibs per package. They are also available in single-serve packs which are great for travel.
Shipping: Free shipping on orders over $25
Returns: Return new, unused, and unopened products within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, minus shipping costs
7. American Shaman CBD Dog Treats
- Made in the USA
- Minimal ingredients
- Ingredients: Peanut butter, milk, coconut flour, white rice flour, eggs, molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, full-spectrum hemp oil
- Pricing: $0.15 per milligram
Company: You may recognize American Shaman if you’ve visited one of their retail shops or kiosks located throughout the country. But while the brand has some excellent storefronts, they also have an extensive selection of CBD products online. In fact, the company has one of the largest catalogs of products, and they offer everything from CBD Rice Krispy Treats to CBD skincare and more.
These CBD Dog Treats are available in turkey or peanut-butter flavor and each bag contains around 40 bites. The treats each have 5 milligrams of CBD, but can be cut in half or quartered for smaller pups. They are made with full-spectrum CBD and only a few other natural ingredients so you know exactly what your pet is digesting.
Shipping: Free shipping on orders over $99
Returns: American Shaman will refund your order within 45 days if purchased from the website
8. Medterra Joint Support CBD Chews
- Made with Kentucky-grown hemp
- Lab-tested with results on site
- Ingredients: Glucosamine, chondroitin, methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), cannabidiol (CBD), chickpea flour, potato flour, cane molasses, tapioca starch, water, glycerin, lecithin, peanut butter flavor, safflower oil, ascorbic acid, sorbic acid, calcium propionate, vitamin E
- Pricing: $0.12 per milligram
Company: Medterra’s products are all crafted using 99.6% pure CBD isolate, so they are entirely THC-free. U.S. Hemp Authority Certified, the brand is known for safety and quality and they are one of the most well-known names in the industry. Their products are all non-GMO and made in the USA. The site itself is a pleasure to navigate, and the company has done everything possible to ensure that your online shopping experience is simple and hassle-free.
Medterra’s CBD Joint Support Chews start with glucosamine, MSM, and chondroitin to help support joint health. Plus, since each contains 10 mg of CBD, your pet is getting all of the potential therapeutic benefits of cannabidiol as well. The brand stands by these dog treats with their standard 30-day money back guarantee.
Shipping: Free shipping on all U.S. orders over $75
Returns: 30-day money-back guarantee. Contact support to initiate the process
9. Lazarus Naturals Salmon Mobility CBD Dog Treats
- Excellent reputation
- Very affordable
- Kosher ethanol extraction
- Ingredients: Glucosamine HCL, fish oil, hydrolyzed fish collagen, green lipped mussel powder, full-spectrum hemp extract, organic pumpkin powder, organic garbanzo bean flour, water, glycerin, organic extra virgin coconut oil, citric acid, phosphoric acid, natural flavor, organic turmeric extract, sodium bicarbonate, tocopherol. Contains tree nuts (coconut). Manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
- Pricing: $0.10 per milligram
Company: Lazarus Naturals is an employee-owned company with a strong commitment to ethical business practices, and they aim to make their products affordable to everyone. They offer a wide range of CBD products including capsules, concentrates, tinctures, and topicals. Their hemp is sourced from their own farms and the CBD is extracted using a kosher ethanol method.
These Salmon Mobility CBD Dog Treats are made with Lazarus’ own full-spectrum CBD to encourage the entourage effect. Each treat contains five milligrams of CBD and there are fifty treats per package. Affordable and effective, they are packed full of natural, healthful ingredients like organic pumpkin, mussels, and wild Alaska salmon oil. To top it off, they are consistently well-reviewed and pets adore them.
Shipping: Free shipping on orders over $65 through CBD Direct
Returns: When purchased through CBD Direct, unopened products returned within 30 days are eligible for a full refund.
10. PureKana Hemp Dog Treats – Blueberry & Chicken
- Gluten, soy, and dairy-free
- Different potencies available
- Lab-test results readily available
- Ingredients: Oat flour, blueberries, organic chicken stock, organic coconut oil, honey, organic cinnamon, baking powder, hemp extract, salt, mixed tocopherols, and other natural preservatives
- Pricing: $0.48 to $0.84 per milligram
Company: Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, PureKana is a CBD brand focusing on high-quality capsules, salves, vape products, edibles, beverage enhancers, and more. Among their offerings, they carry CBD pet products like Bacon-Flavored CBD Oil and Hemp Dog Treats in varying flavors.
PureKana’s Blueberry and Chicken CBD Pet Treats are formulated with organic hemp extract and designed for active dogs. The brand uses a homemade recipe and bakes these fresh in their own kitchen using dog-approved ingredients like organic chicken stock and honey. Each treat contains 1 to 2.5 mg of CBD, depending on the size you order.
Shipping: Free shipping on orders over $65 through CBD Direct
Returns: When purchased through CBD Direct, unopened products returned within 30 days are eligible for a full refund.
What Is CBD Anyway?
CBD has been a hot topic ever since the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill made it legal to sell hemp and hemp products in the United States. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a chemical found in the Cannabis sativa plant, otherwise known as marijuana or hemp.
What’s the Difference Between Marijuana and Hemp?
While marijuana and hemp are technically the same plant; the difference is that the industrial hemp variety contains only small amounts (less than 0.3%) of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is the chemical that is psychoactive, in other words, it’s the chemical that is responsible for the “high” associated with smoking marijuana. Because there is such a minuscule amount of THC found in the industrial hemp plant, it won’t make you or your dog high!
How Do CBD Products Work?
All mammals have an endocannabinoid system, where natural, or endogenous, chemicals in your brain act on cannabinoid receptors. These receptors allow for chemical responses and communication by binding a specific molecule, kind of like a lock and key. Anandamide is one such naturally occurring endocannabinoid that interacts with these cannabinoid receptors.
Now, CBD doesn’t act directly on these particular receptors, but studies suggest that it uniquely works by increasing the levels of anandamide. Research has shown that anandamide levels are associated with stress and anxiety responses, more anandamide being associated with less stress. Additionally, indirect activation of cannabinoid receptors by CBD may exert anti-seizure/anti-epilepsy and anti-inflammatory effects.
How Can CBD Help My Dog?
While there isn’t a clinical study for every ailment your dog might be experiencing, research has confirmed that CBD may be effective at promoting a reduction in osteoarthritis-associated pain and increasing general activity levels in dogs.
More recently, a study at Colorado State University sought to determine the effects of CBD in dogs with epilepsy. They found that the amount of CBD found in a dog’s blood was associated with a reduction in seizure frequency.
Finally, reports from pet owners suggest that CBD may be effective at reducing stress and anxiety, which is consistent with research done in mice. Again, you should consult your veterinarian to discuss if CBD is right for your dog. However, it appears to be a promising new therapeutic tool for many conditions in our canine companions.
How We Find the Best CBD Dog Treats
With the increasing use of CBD oil, pet owners have started to see many more CBD pet products available online. There are hundreds of companies selling CBD treats for dogs but the selections we list here stand out from the rest because we’re extremely selective about what we put out there. Here’s what we look for:
- Lab Testing
For a CBD product to make our list of the best on the market, the brand must undergo third-party lab testing to reveal what is inside the product. We examine the COAs (certificates of analysis) to check potency, purity, and ingredients, so you know you’re getting the very best, with no surprises.
Labeling has become an essential factor in choosing the best CBD products, including dog treats. To make the cut, brands must have easy-to-read labels with a clear list of ingredients, instructions, and other pertinent information.
- Domestic Hemp
Hemp grown in the U.S. is cultivated only under the strictest federal guidelines through programs explicitly created for that purpose. Buying CBD products made with domestic hemp ensures you are getting the very best quality in the world.
The sticker price of your CBD dog treats is not always the best way of determining whether you’re getting the most bang for your buck. Instead, we look at the cost per milligram of cannabinoids, which will always reveal the true price of a product.
- Customer Service and User Experience
Shopping online in 2021 should not be a hassle. The technology is here to make the experience simple, pleasant, and satisfying. Furthermore, there’s no excuse for bad customer service. We look at both, so the time you spend online does not end in frustration.
Naturally, brands that have been around longer and have established a solid reputation often take precedence over recently established companies, but that doesn’t necessarily preclude the newbies from making our list. We look at the Better Business Bureau, social media, and other sources to see how a brand stacks up in the real world.
Additional Resources on CBD for Pets: